Washington DC Day-cation Idea

1:07 PM

photo: blog.maydesigns.com


Daycation: the indulgence of a one day vacation.

I had the pleasure of taking part in a daycation with one of my sisters. It was a birthday gift to her but let's be honest, I needed a day break too. We headed to The Liaison Capitol Hill Hotel blocks away from Union Station, a plethora of museums, and of course the U.S. Capitol. Our visit was amazing!  We spent our early morning partaking in rooftop yoga, our late morning having brunch at Art & Soul, and the rest of our day visiting the Holocaust museum and the Botanic Garden. Let me take you step by step throughout our day:


photo: affinia.com

The lobby of The Liaison.

photo: affinia.com

An example of a hotel room here.


photo: orbitz.com

The rooftop pool (bar not pictured). It has lounging canopies on both sides of the pool including lush seating areas to the right of this area shown. This is where we attended a 7:30 am yoga session under the instruction of Rob Beilfus.  He's awesome and helped me conquer crow pose. His yoga class consisted of vinyasa yoga, constantly transitioning between poses for a full body workout and consistent focus on the breath. He has studied under international yoga instructor Faith Hunter of Embrace Yoga DC.


photo: artandsouldc.com

I am going to take a guess and say that the basil, parsley, and other seasonings growing on the rooftop are used for the hotel's wonderful restaurant, Art and Soul. I have been here once before where I ordered the smoked half chicken but for brunch, this time, I ordered the chicken and waffles. It was amazing and had a spicy kick to it. There is another area for seating to the right side with round tables to accommodate larger parties.  Not pictured is the bar area.


photo: orbitz.com

The exterior of The Liaison and Art and Soul.


photo: triposs.com
This is only one room in the Botanic Garden. They have a room dedicated to Hawaii, the Jungle, and many other regions in the conservatory. A must visit. It is walking distance to the U.S. Capitol so of course we stopped by.


photo: intentionalmuseum.com

I have always wanted to go to the Holocaust museum since middle school and I have finally been. I did not get to see the specific exhibit that I wanted to see due to time limitations (we found a meter that already had 53 minutes on it and to find different/better parking in DC would have been crazy). The exhibit is the permanent one so I am planning to come back and experience it. 


photo: flickr.com

To end our day we headed to The Hamilton blocks from The White House. I ordered the Spicy Chicken Salad which baby kale and spinach topped with strawberries, goat cheese, marcona almonds, balsamic reduction.

When was your last day-cation? Where to?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images