Big and Little Sister Bonding Activities

1:11 PM

If you're like me then you have a sibling that is a significant number of years younger than you are.  It's likely that the two of you do not live together so spending quality with them can mean packing your days with a ton of fun (or just enough activities to wear them out by bedtime). Here are some ideas for big sis and little sis to do together.


photo: funny-pictures.picphotos.net

1. Bike ride
Your little sister will have a great time beating you up hill and you'll get an effortless workout.

2. Picnic in the park
Pack lots of food and drinks, grab a blanket, and head to your local park for some outdoor relaxation. Perfect time to catch up with little sis and ask her about school or her latest crush.

3. Teach her a skill
When my sister stayed with me for a week I made sure to teach her a few things (not that she's not watching my every move anyway). She hopped on my piano and plucked out a familiar song. I took the opportunity to pull out my old piano lessons book and she actually got through a lot of it. Woohoo! I also taught her how to make food (because food is the best): smoothies, quesadillas, honey mustard from scratch (honey, mayo, mustard).

4. Game night
Checkers, scrabble, uno, and even apps on an iPad or iPhone are perfect for one-one games. We played all of those including the Family Feud app (she didn't know what Family Feud was, omg how old am I!?)

5. Movie night
Of course I let her pick the movie. She chose Despicable Me 2 and it was hilarious, who knew! I definitely couldn't let her watch one of my favorite movies; too young.

6. DIY hair and nail day
I have a foot spa massager so I treated her to a free pedicure right from home. She wanted the same nail color that I had, awww. You can also do little sister's hair and give her a manicure. She'll love you forever.

7. Lake/Beach time
If you have a local lake near you head there for fishing, relaxing, or paddle boating. You can even head to a near by beach for a daycation.

8. Mini golf
This is always a fun idea plus it's super cheap!

9. Go-karts
Ride a couple of laps and let her beat you around the track. Or ride in a two-seater and beat the other karts!

10. Gym
When little sis stayed with me I still wanted to stick with my gym schedule so I brought her along. Check with your gym to see age limits for using the equipment first. I use a YMCA so they are extremely kid friendly and also have a pool, basketball court, and more.

11. Dance
My mini-me asked me to teach her salsa so we cranked up the tunes and got to it!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images