Classic Songs You'll Love

9:56 AM

Bob Dylan, Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin, Elvis, Mozart, etc... The list goes on.  We all love classic artists (defined loosely, very loosely) and love classic songs even more.  Here are 10 classic songs from my iTunes that I love and will stay in my heart forever:

1. The Beatles "I Want To Hold Your Hand" 

This song is one of my all time favorites because of the beat. I even love the "Across The Universe" remake.  Ahhh love.

Another like it: The Beatles "Here Comes The Sun"


Photo: the-adventurers-club.typepad.com

2. Bob Marley "Jammin"

Everybody knows "Redemption Song" and all of the other Bob classics. It was so hard to pick just one but "Jammin" just brightens my day every time I hear it.

Another like it: Bob Marley "Natural Mystic"

3. Barbara Streisand "The Way We Were"

If you knew me, you would know that Beyonce is Queen in my eyes but when Barbara Streisand sings this song it's like she's ripping the crown from Beyonce's head and I love her for it. I love Barbara so much that I even gave her a cute pet name, Kitty Cat, because I think she looks like an adorable kitten...

Another like it: Celine Dion "My Heart Will Go On"

4. The Beach Boys "Surfin USA"

Take me to Hawaii, take me to L.A., take me to surfin USA! Such a fun song, don't let it escape your summer playlist.

Another like it: The Kinks "You Really Got Me"


Photo: stereogum.com

5. Snoop Dogg "Ain't No Fun"

If you ignore how vulgar the song actually is, then a great song it truly is. The beat is fun, easy to sing along, and many people know it. 

Another like it: Biggie Smalls "Juicy"

6. Joe Cocker "Feelin Alright"

I forgot how much I actually liked this song until it played in the movie Flight featuring Denzel Washington. 

Another like it: Johnny Nash "I Can See Clearly Now"

7. Empire of The Sun "Walking On A Dream"

The instrumental itself is amazing. I found out about this song when rapper Wiz Khalifa used it in his song "The Thrill".

Another like it: The Eagles "Hotel California"

8. Frank Sinatra "Nice N Easy"

You didn't think I was going to make this list and forget Frank did you? If Frank were still alive he'd be mine... In elementary school I had a teacher who played him endlessly and you can say the infatuation kind of began there. He's amazing and so smooth.

Another like it: Frank Sinatra "The Way You Look Tonight"


Photo: www.arts-wallpapers.com

9. Jimi Hendrix "The Wind Cries Mary"

If this doesn't soothe your soul then I don't know what will. Maybe you should check out my posts: Yoga poses and Feng Shui.

Another like it: Jimi Hendrix "All Along The Watchtower"

10. Marvin Gaye "I Heard It Through The Grapevine"

This song reminds me of the old show Good Times and one of my favorites "Cooley High". Very Motown.

Another like it: The Temptations "Papa Was A Rolling Stone"

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images