Guide To A Greek Paddle!

2:19 PM

So here I am writing a blog post about Greek paddles. Never thought I would be the one but here we go!


So this school year I became a part of Greek life and had to make a paddle for my big (your big sister and advisor). My big is the perfect match for me so when it came to making this paddle I was 100% sure what it would look like. She loves music and guitars and is an advocate for helping children in Honduras. I admire her so much!



Considering this, I made her paddle into a guitar with the Honduran flag on the backside. Perfecto! Here's some tips on how I achieved this look.

1. I bought a standard paddle from Michael's for around $7, Greek letters for $.99 each from the university store, and a pack of small regular letters from Michael's for about $6. I already had the fake flower, and guitar picks.

2. I started off by taping sections I didn't want to get paint on, and this helped keep my lines straight. A small can of each color paint was about $6 from Michael's. You'll probably only use about 10% of the paint you buy so keep it small. I wanted to keep the acoustic guitar look so I kept the paddle's color mainly blank. 

3. SUPER GLUE is going to be your best friend! I super glued the flower, I super glued the letters, I even super glued my fingers together at times but superglue, superglue, superglue, you will need. 

4. For the guitar pegs I just used white and clear thumbtacks. They're so hard to push in but just keep trying, they'll go. For the guitar strings I used wire from the dollar store, yes the dollar store, and wrapped them around the thumbtacks just how a real guitar is stringed. Also, found a pack of 4 different size paint brushes for $1 at the dollar store. They weren't the best as they are extremely hard but I made it work. 

5. A black dry erase marker is also your best friend! For any spots that I missed while painting with black I was able to fill in with the marker. It was great for the little creases and cracks as well and coloring the smaller letters.

6. To get the perfect circle for the guitar I traced the outline of the small paint can that I had, bam, easy....done!

Here are more paddles that I absolutely adore so future little be on the look out!

photo: www.socialbliss.com

photo: www.pinterest.com
Anything nautical but minus the picture frame.

photo: iyoodle.com

This has nothing to do with Greek paddles but I love this idea as a headboard!

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Fraternity paddle letters has many options... They can be used to Decoration and other creativity.

    Fraternity Paddle

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images