The Latin Song to Add to Your Weekend Playlist

1:41 PM


"El Tiburon" is a Merengue House song by Dominican-American latin house group Proyecto Uno. This song will take you way back, back to the 1990's; especially the video (which is blocked unless you sign in). 

I am not embarrassed at all to admit that I have this in my iTunes. It's fast-paced, hyped, and overall a fun song to get ready for a night out. I mean, what Merengue song isn't? If you aren't into Latin music now is the time to get into it. Play this on a Friday or Saturday night (or Monday night, because we all know YOU go out on Monday nights) while you're getting ready and I promise you'll fall in love, start dancing, and even singing along.

I don't remember when I learned this song but I do know it was while I was learning Spanish and let me tell you, when you translate the song it's quite hilarious and a little corny. "The Shark" is what it translates to and you can imagine the scene that Proyecto Uno is describing in the song. Check it out!

Side note: I'll be honest and say that just like Destiny's Child had various group members, Proyecto Uno also had various members SO I am not 100% the members in the photo were the members when "Proyecto Uno" came out. It's like the equivalent of me saying Letoya Luckett was in Detiny's Child when "Say My Name" came out. Huge Destiny's Child (Beyonce) fan over here.

This link of the video is unblocked. Sorry if it is not in the future.


photo: www.q8rashaqa.com


What do you think of the song? Do you usually listen to Latin music before a night out?

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images